Jer's Secret Files (For Your Eyes Only)

Welcome to my blog relating to art ideas that are in-progress and are not yet officially released to the public (unless they have found this web address). It is fine if people discover this blog but I will only give the address to those who do not mind viewing unfinished sketches and partially complete (officially unpromoted) projects.

Thursday, May 11, 2006

just one of the Beuys




Through my usual obsessive Google searches, I found a Cyber Extruder program that can scan a jpeg image of a portrait and automatically convert it into an expressive and animated 3D avatar head.

I used something similar for my "Persistence of Hockey" series (ca. 2001 - pix coming soon) based on the "Face in the Game" option in Electronic Art's Classic game "NHL 2000".

Anyways, I have been thinking about Joseph Beuys alot these past few years.
My friend Douglas Davis has been phoning me saying that his old friend Joseph speaks to him in his dreams long after his death.

Perhaps this is one Golemic method to bring the Teutonic Titan back to life....
any ideas?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home